Our five-module CPD certified online training course for tutors will help you to understand your role and responsibilities in protecting children and young people from abuse or harm. If you’re a large tutoring company, an independent, self-employed tutor or a charity, this course will support you in protecting children from harm and responding to child protection concerns.
Working at your own pace, you will learn:
- Policies and procedures you need to have in place.
- Practical tips to make sure your sessions are safe, whether it’s being delivered in your home, the child’s home, at a place of work or online.
- How to recognise child protection concerns.
- What to do if you are worried about a child.
- How to respond if a child tells you they are experiencing abuse.
- Relevant child protection legislation and guidance across the UK.
Our online courses will work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our courses are compatible with most tablet devices, however the NSPCC does not provide full technical support for tablet users. We do not support other mobile devices.
Videos clips hosted on the video sharing site Vimeo feature in some of our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Having trouble? Try:
- updating your web browser
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies (essential cookies are required for the purposes of undertaking our elearning)
- turning off private browsing
- permitting access to videos on Vimeo
- setting the following web domain to 'trusted': https://mylearning.nspcc.org.uk
Duration: It should take you about 2–3 hours to complete the course.
You will have access to the course for one year following purchase. You can take it as many times as you like in that time.