A seven-module CPD certified online training course developed by the NSPCC in association with CEOP, the child protection unit of the National Crime Agency (NCA).
This course will help you to think about the issues that young people face online and the challenge that you have as a professional to protect and educate them. It will help you to review the provision that you have in place whatever context you are in and signpost you to further help, support and advice.
Working at your own pace, you’ll learn about:
- how children use the internet and technology
- the risks they face from other people - both other children and adult offenders
- what to do if children experience issues such as online bullying or grooming
- how to make organisations safer places for children to go online.
By the end of the course, you will:
- better understand the risks and issues associated with children and young people being online
- be better able to protect them in your professional role.
The course includes teaching pages, film clips, reflective tasks, interactive learning activities and quizzes.
Our online courses will work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our courses are compatible with most tablet devices, however the NSPCC does not provide full technical support for tablet users. We do not support other mobile devices.
Videos clips hosted on the video sharing site Vimeo feature in some of our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Having trouble? Try:
- updating your web browser
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies (essential cookies are required for the purposes of undertaking our elearning)
- turning off private browsing
- permitting access to videos on Vimeo
- setting the following web domain to 'trusted': https://mylearning.nspcc.org.uk
Duration: It should take you about 4 hours to complete the course.
You will have access to the course for one year following purchase. You can take it as many times as you like in that time.
Certificate of achievement: Once you've successfully completed this course you can download a personalised certificate of achievement.