We want all young people to grow up understanding healthy behaviours in relationships and to get help from a trusted adult if they need it.
This CPD certified elearning course is part of our Talk Relationships service that supports people working in secondary education to overcome any challenges they may face when delivering sex and relationships education.
What will I learn?
Working through a range of reflective tasks and film interviews that share insight from teachers, young people, and safeguarding experts, this course will help you to:
- understand the importance of good-quality sex and relationships education
- create safe and respectful learning environments
- confidently respond to safeguarding concerns and young people sharing their experiences of abuse
- handle difficult discussions and respond to questions from young people
- overcome common challenges and barriers
- have effective conversations with parents and carers
- understand how your attitudes and beliefs play a part in your delivery of sex and relationships education
- understand the relevant education and safeguarding legislation and guidance.
The course includes teaching pages, film clips, reflective tasks, interactive learning activities and quiz questions for you to check your learning.
Our online courses will work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our courses are compatible with most tablet devices, however the NSPCC does not provide full technical support for tablet users. We do not support other mobile devices.
Videos clips hosted on the video sharing site Vimeo feature in some of our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Having trouble? Try:
- updating your web browser
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies (essential cookies are required for the purposes of undertaking our elearning)
- turning off private browsing
- permitting access to videos on Vimeo
- setting the following web domain to 'trusted': https://mylearning.nspcc.org.uk
Duration: It should take you about 2–3 hours to complete the course.
You will have access to the course for one year following purchase. You can take it as many times as you like in that time.