Our four-module, CPD Certified online training course has been developed with assistance from Childline experts.
This course will give organisations, associations, groups or individuals the information they need to set up and manage online communities. It will help you to assess the need and aims of an online community, the policies and procedures you need to have in place and how to moderate and report any concerns.
Working at your own pace, you’ll learn:
- how to manage your online presence
- what policies and procedures you must have in place
- moderation and responding to concerns
- how to effectively deploy staff and resources
- how to communicate clear boundaries for your staff and volunteers between their personal digital profiles, and their digital work as part of their role
- the need for safer recruitment of staff and volunteers, including appropriate vetting checks
- your responsibilities under Data Protection law and what to do with information that’s collected.
The training includes film interviews with experts who specialise in running online services for young people, interactive quizzes and reflective tasks to help you develop your understanding and confidence.
Our online courses will work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our courses are compatible with most tablet devices, however the NSPCC does not provide full technical support for tablet users. We do not support other mobile devices.
Videos clips hosted on the video sharing site Vimeo feature in some of our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Having trouble? Try:
- updating your web browser
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies (essential cookies are required for the purposes of undertaking our elearning)
- turning off private browsing
- permitting access to videos on Vimeo
- setting the following web domain to 'trusted': https://mylearning.nspcc.org.uk
Duration: It should take you about 3 hours to complete the course.
You will have access to the course for one year following purchase. You can take it as many times as you like in that time.
Certificate of achievement: Once you've successfully completed this course you can download a personalised certificate of achievement.