Our CPD certified safeguarding training for bus and taxi drivers course will help you to understand the role you can play in helping to protect children from abuse.
Every day, thousands of children and young people travel by bus, coach or taxi, with an adult or other children, and sometimes on their own. As a driver, you may see or hear things that others may not see and are well placed to spot any signs of possible abuse or safeguarding concerns.
As the UK’s experts on safeguarding, we’ve developed a short film along with guidance and resources to give you or your drivers the knowledge and confidence to recognise the signs of abuse and to report your concerns.
Our short film accompanies guidance on the different types of abuse, possible indicators and how to report your concerns to the NSPCC helpline.
This course is for anyone who drives a bus, coach, taxi or other public transport. It’s also suitable for big and small transport organisations who employ drivers and supporting office staff.
Benefits of the course:
- No previous child protection training needed.
- Complete at your own pace and in your own time.
- Train anytime, anywhere and take the course as many times as you like within one year.
- Personalised downloadable certificate of achievement.
- Purchasing licences on behalf of your team? Easily download reports to show who has completed the course.
- Once you’ve taken the course, it doesn’t stop there. We have a range of further information, training and downloadable resources.
Our online courses will work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our courses are compatible with most tablet devices, however the NSPCC does not provide full technical support for tablet users. We do not support other mobile devices.
Videos clips hosted on the video sharing site Vimeo feature in some of our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Having trouble? Try:
- updating your web browser
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies (essential cookies are required for the purposes of undertaking our elearning)
- turning off private browsing
- permitting access to videos on Vimeo
- setting the following web domain to 'trusted': https://mylearning.nspcc.org.uk
Duration: It should take you about 15-30 minutes to complete the course.
You will have access to the course for one year following purchase. You can take it as many times as you like in that time.
Certificate of achievement: Once you have successfully completed this course you can download a personalised certificate of achievement.