Safer recruitment is an essential part of safeguarding. Whether you’re a commercial business, statutory organisation, voluntary group or recruitment agency, it’s important you have rigorous safer recruitment at the heart of your organisation.
Working at your own pace, you’ll learn about:
- developing safer recruitment policies and procedures for your organisation
- preparing to recruit
- selecting the right people for interview
- carrying out thorough background checks
- responding to concerns identified through background checks and assessing risk
- responding to inappropriate behaviour and allegations of abuse.
Our safer recruitment course has been developed in line with current legislation and guidance in England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
If you work in the education or early years’ sector, take our Safer recruitment in education course.
Our online courses will work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our courses are compatible with most tablet devices, however the NSPCC does not provide full technical support for tablet users. We do not support other mobile devices.
Videos clips hosted on the video sharing site Vimeo feature in some of our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Having trouble? Try:
- updating your web browser
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies (essential cookies are required for the purposes of undertaking our elearning)
- turning off private browsing
- permitting access to videos on Vimeo
- setting the following web domain to 'trusted': https://mylearning.nspcc.org.uk
Duration: It should take you about 4 hours to complete the course.
You will have access to the course for one year following purchase. You can take it as many times as you like in that time.
Certificate of achievement: Once you've successfully completed this course you can download a personalised certificate of achievement.