An online training course for people, who as part of their job enter homes to undertake their work or deliver their service
Do you feel confident enough to trust your instincts and senses if you witness signs of child abuse or neglect? Do you know how to act on these concerns and report possible signs of child abuse?
The NSPCC have produced this 15-minute interactive online learning course to help workers who enter or have access to people’s homes to:
- recognise the signs of possible abuse and neglect
- encourage them to report concerns either through their work channels, the NSPCC helpline, or if the concern is urgent, the police
- support those who may have already witnessed signs of child abuse know what to do about it and provide advice
Protecting children is everyone’s responsibility. Workers who visit or enter people’s homes may see or hear things that others may not. So whether you or your employees are electricians or plumbers, telecoms engineers, or builders, It’s your call highlights how to spot the signs of possible child abuse and what to then do.
Purchasing an individual course costs £19, however we have a pricing scheme for multiple purchases and will tailor a group package to suit your organisation's needs. Contact us on 0116 234 7246 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.
Our online courses will work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our courses are compatible with most tablet devices, however the NSPCC does not provide full technical support for tablet users. We do not support other mobile devices.
Videos clips hosted on the video sharing site Vimeo feature in some of our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Having trouble? Try:
- updating your web browser
- clearing your cache
- accepting our cookies (essential cookies are required for the purposes of undertaking our elearning)
- turning off private browsing
- permitting access to videos on Vimeo
- setting the following web domain to 'trusted': https://mylearning.nspcc.org.uk
Duration: It should take you about 15 minutes to complete the course.
You will have access to the course for one year following purchase. You can take it as many times as you like in that time.
Certificate of achievement: Once you've successfully completed the paid-for version of this course you can download a personalised certificate of achievement.