If you are a charity trustee, this CPD certified course will help you to fulfil your duties to safeguard and protect anyone who comes into contact with your charity. This not only includes your beneficiaries, who may include children, young people and adults at risk, but also your staff, volunteers, visitors and members of the public. These responsibilities also extend to your charity’s relationships with partners, contractors and any organisations that you may fund.
Developed by NSPCC subject matter experts and with the assistance of the Ann Craft Trust, the course covers:
- the UK framework of legislation and guidance underpinning a trustee’s safeguarding role
- specific statutory responsibilities to keep people safe
- how to create a safe and trusted culture and organisational environment
- how to work with, support and challenge colleagues effectively in terms of safeguarding arrangements.
This course features interviews with trustees from different charities and specialists in the field sharing their knowledge and expertise. It also includes film scenarios, scenario-based exercises, interactive assessment tasks, activities and learning pages, as well as links to further information and resources.
Our online courses will work in most web browsers, although we recommend that you use Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge or Safari. We recommend installing the latest version of your web browser before beginning your course.
Our courses are compatible with most tablet devices, however the NSPCC does not provide full technical support for tablet users. We do not support other mobile devices.
Videos clips hosted on the video sharing site Vimeo feature in some of our courses. Video playback controls will vary and are dependent on the browser used to take the course and where the video is hosted. If you experience problems with the videos then we recommend you try taking the course in a different browser.
Having trouble? Try:
- updating your web browser or logging in using a different browser
- clearing your cache
- accepting our 'Strictly Necessary' cookies
- permitting access to videos on Vimeo
- setting the following web domain to 'trusted': https://mylearning.nspcc.org.uk
Duration: It should take you about 2–3 hours to complete the course. You will have access to the course for one year following purchase. You can take it as many times as you like in that time.